I've read a book recently during the summer and have been meaning to talk about it on my blog for a while but I kept forgetting to do so. The book is called The Chronicles of Kale: A Dragon's Awakening. It's about a black dragon named Kale who's turned into a human by his friend who is a sorcerer. At this point in time, the bad guy, General Jedah, has been slaying all the dragons in the world and Kale is the last dragon alive.
While Kale is a human, he learns to adjust to being a human and meets and elf named Neelan and other characters. The story's theme involves judging others when you only see the bad and you haven't seen the good. Kale at the beginning of the story views humans as selfish beings and are puny and weak. Throughout the story Kale sees the good parts in human beings, the kindness, the generosity, and so on.
This book is an action packed adventure. It has its own complete fantasy world, unique creatures, and well developed characters. I never wanted to stop reading. I recomend this book to any young adult. (That means teenager also) I also wish to let everyone know that you can go to Amazon or Barnes and Noble. It is not found on bookshelves however, it's a print on demand book. I recomend a hard cover. This book is worthy of getting it in hard cover.
The author is Aya Knight. She lives somewhere in Florida. I can't remember off the top of my head. You wouldn't believe how many similarities I found between her and myself. We both developed a love of fantasy and writing at a young age. She loves books movies and video games. I do too. She says these things offer us an escape into the unreal. We need to help her since her book isn't selling as well as she had hoped for. Buy her book. Help popularize it. We need good literature like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment